The Sounds of Advice #3



How to adult without going crazy:


Sandy: Best thing is to live each day. The past is in the past you can't change it. The future you don't know, don't worry about it. You are in the present. Take in it and enjoy it as much as you can!

Aisling: There are many days from time to time when I wish I could just go back to my childhood days where the biggest thing I had to worry about was when I was going to have to take a nap or what color crayon I wanted to use next.
Between being a stay at home mom of 3 rambunctious girls, running a household & my own business things definitely get a little crazy. How do I adult without going crazy? I'll tell you. 
Every morning coffee is a must. 
If I feel myself start going crazy I close my eyes & count to ten. 
I remind myself to appreciate the little things like when the kids randomly give me a hug or ask if they can sit on my lap & read a book with me. 
I follow a very outlined schedule in my planner to make sure there's enough time to get what needs to be done out of the way so I can also have time to relax & have fun with my family. 
Some nights I just veg out & watch something on netflix so my "batteries" can recharge. 
I watch the sunrise & the sunset. It really does wonders for your soul. 
What helps you adult without going crazy? Try anything, anything is possible.

Kate: Having a support system helps, because sometimes you can't do things alone. You may not want to, but it makes life a lot easier, even if your ego doesn't like it. Always make time for yourself, that helps keep the craziness at bay a bit. Enjoy life. Do something silly, fun, or creative. Trust me, it helps! I've also found that getting a planner was one of the best investments I've ever made in helping minimize the craziness. If I can plan out my goals for the day/week/month, the tasks don't seem quite so overwhelming. Plus it helps me to remember things I would normally let slide through the cracks, later causing me stress when I'm scrambling to get them done last minute. 



If you'd like to submit a question, you can message RRSMS or e-mail us at: rockandrollsavedmysoul2014@gmail.com 

You can also fill out our Google Form if you want to remain anonymous.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day