Invisible Illness Diary #15 - Diagnosis - Kate Marie Robbins


November 5, 2019: 

I should have updated last week, but Halloween festivities got in the way. I ended up not going to my doctor appointment on the 29th, but I didn't need it. After talking with one of my nurse friends at work, I did some research about food allergies. And almost all of my symptoms fit with a gluten allergy. So I decided to try going gluten free to see if that would make me feel any better. Guess what, it did! Now two weeks gluten free I'm also symptom free. It's a relief, but at the same time it is extremely frustrating. A lot of foods I love and would eat every day are something I can no longer have. Sure there are a lot of alternatives. But let me tell you, they aren't always as good and are way more expensive. I'm still trying to find my way through this new journey. 

Everything else is pretty much the same as always. Work is exhausting. At least I can make it through my shifts better now. All I want to do when I'm home is sleep. I'm still trying to get stuff done though. I need to get more writing done. I'm hoping this weekend I can put in some words on For A Lifetime and maybe, just maybe, finish it by the end of the month! Fingers crossed on that one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day