The Sounds of Advice #107: When a Secret Puts Someone in Danger



If someone told you a secret, but in keeping the secret, it put someone's life in danger. Would you still keep the secret or tell the proper person/authority? 

Kate: In general, I don't share secrets that I've been told, but when it puts someone's life in danger in keeping the secret, telling is always better. I don't think I could knowingly turn a blind eye to it.  

Sandy: I never joke about someone's life. Depending on what was going on, I would find a way to keep them safe and still tell who needed to know. Secrets are good, but when it comes to life or death something needs to be said.

Michaelle: I'd try to keep the confidence and help the person in danger.


Facebook Weighs In:

Yes I’d break said secret -Katie G.

I would protect the secret...but yet save the life and inform people who could help...maybe even lie if needed be! Nothing is more important than saving someone's life! -Twinkle V.

I'd tell -Anita S.


I would protect the secret but try to help them -Lori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day