Life With Fibromyalgia #1 - Jen Robbins


My name is Jen and this is my first journal entry. I'm a single mom, I have a 6 year old son. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia almost 5 years ago. And every day is a struggle, some worse than others. There are so many symptoms that go along with it, too many to list. It affects every aspect of my life, my ability as a mom, my relationship, my family, my friendships and my job. I do the best I can manage, though a lot of the time I feel its not good enough, especially for some people. 

The past few weeks have been really difficult for me, with the weather changing from winter to spring, my fibromyalgia has flared up with a vengeance. I've been in a lot of pain, feels like my skin is crawling and every part of my body aches, my anxiety and depression have been almost unbearable at times. Some days I just keep crying, I'll stop for awhile and the tears will just come again. I feel like I'm failing as a mother and I've been having a lot of issues at my job and being treated unfairly which the stress of that is making it a lot worse. I just have to keep strong and fighting through it, and know that it will get bearable again, at least until the next flare up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day