Journal Entry #3 - Anxiety Ups and Downs - Gina Dierolf





“Living with anxiety is like being followed by a voice. It knows all your insecurities and uses them against you. It gets to the point when it’s the loudest voice in the room. The only one you can hear.”
 -Unknown

This quote in my case with my battle with anxiety stands true and tells a story that most days I can’t tell myself. I haven’t been to therapy in about three weeks due to my therapist being ill, but I feel like I’m doing quite well with just taking my sertraline, even though I do miss the safe space to talk about things that are going on or bothering me. I have an appointment coming up Thursday.

Sometime within the past two weeks I did experience my anxiety in a way that only happens sparingly, it’s not all of the racing thoughts over a new ache or pain. But just my brain racing through a bunch of fog, I guess is the only way to explain it. Everything in my head feels foggy and I am not able to focus on one said thing. Normally when this happens I go outside and it makes me feel better, the open space is what helps calm me down. This time, however, it didn’t help and I also woke up with this feeling. This is the one aspect of my anxiety that I can not understand where it stems from or really how to make the foggy feeling disappear.

I believe that my sleeping is steadily getting better, I believe that I am sleeping better throughout the night. I never figured out what had caused me not to be able to sleep a full night. I have still been using Headspace to meditate and I have started using a coloring app which helps me to relax. I have also recently started Yoga classes that are offered for free at my doctors office. I participated in Yoga with this same instructor last summer and I really enjoyed it, it isn’t like what you expect when you hear Yoga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day