Life With Skin Cancer - Lori McBroom

Life with Skin Cancer 
by Lori McBroom 

Tuesday, August 29th, 2018 - Got a biopsy on my nose. Had to wait a few weeks to hear back from my dermatologist. Got a phone call telling me I had skin cancer or mohs. Had to make an appointment to get it removed.


Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 - Went to another dermatologist to go through two rounds of scrapes to remove it from my nose. 


 Thursday, October 11th, 2018 - Need a skin graft to cover the hole by my nose. Got six stitches on my face. I couldn't go to work the next day because I was on antibiotics for the skin graft. 


Wednesday, October 24th, 2018 - Got my stitches removed from my face and no longer have to wear a huge band-aid on my face! 

Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 - Got a pouch removed from the skin graft. Just had to wear a normal band-aid. I am real glad this was caught early. I also couldn't sleep very well during this time due to the band-aids over my nose. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day