Twitter Spotlight with Heather Kirchhoff



Meet Heather Kirchhoff, the face behind the RRSMS Twitter account. 




I live in Missouri where I work at a nursing home. I currently have one dog, and I’ll be getting a betta soon. I love animals; I’m heartbroken not all of them have happy homes. When I’m not writing, I enjoy reading, taking pictures, walking, and spending time with my animals, family and best friends.

I became a bookworm back in sixth grade when my teacher suggested I read the Phantom Stallion series by Terri Farley and instantly fell in love. Ever since then, I’ve taken a book pretty much anywhere with me. I absolutely love reading! I enjoy when a story takes me from the real world for a little while, and into something completely different. I’ll read anything as long as it sounds good, aside from non-fiction and self-help books. My favorite genre is paranormal, but I also like reading love stories here and there.

I was inspired to write by Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight, Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy, and Alyson Noel’s Evermore. I wanted to make others feel the way I did while I was reading. I plan to write in all genres in my lifetime, but right now I have YA and paranormal books published. I’m also in thirteen anthologies.

I published my first book, The Last Night, a month before my junior year of high school. But one of my short stories, Save Me, was selected to be published in Apocalypse my sophomore year. Right now, about seven years after I first started writing, I have four books published, and one short story that’s on its own.

I run Rock & Roll Saved My Soul’s Twitter account, but I also help with promoting. I absolutely love working for R&RSMS. I enjoy helping others out, and R&RSMS does exactly that. I really like the fact that we don’t keep any of the proceeds; that it all goes to charity.

It can be difficult to come up with new ways to promote our books, the publishing company, and the anthologies we’re currently accepting submissions for. But once it’s all done, it’s a great feeling. I love seeing the anthologies move forward. I really hope the ones we’re currently accepting submissions for get the green light to continue on with the publishing journey.


Be sure and follow us on Twitter and show the wonderful Heather Kirchhoff some love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day