Artist Spotlight: Gina Dierolf



Ever since I can remember I have always been creating in some form. My artistic tastes have evolved and grown as I have gotten older but have always remained a strong staple in my personality. I remember being a young child arranging and rearranging my sticker albums and scrapbooks to look ‘perfect’. To being a teenager drawing/painting my walls and making collages and drawing many celebrities and other items. Then as a high school student I would make cards for people, write poetry, and was heavily involved and invested in my art classes. This love I have for art followed me then through to college where when presented the opportunity to be creative I took it and this also extended out to my studies. I would take classes that either had me creating art or learning about art, such as Art History,Creative Writing, Poetry, Crafts and Drawing classes. But my hands down favorite courses were always the painting classes that were offered, I took both classes and created many wonderful paintings and learned so much. As an adult painting is still the most enjoyable art form, it is relaxing and allows me to be expressive.

In the past aside from painting on canvas and clothing I have also, weaved baskets, created clay figures and bowls, created a charcoal self portrait, dabbled in photography, created rubber stamps, done many sketches and drawings, used oil pastels and watercolors, and created an image on a scratchboard, plus used many other mediums.

I have recently been creating paintings for people I know who have children, these paintings are themed around something that the child likes or a nickname. I have also recently completed painting a pair of shoes for someone’s baby’s first birthday that are Dr. Suess themed and will be painting another pair for them and a pair themed with dinosaurs for another individual. I also bought a sketchbook from the Brooklyn Sketchbook Project where I have until November to complete the sketchbook and send it back out to them where they will keep it on display and everytime someone looks at it I will be notified. I am unsure, however, if I want to just draw in it or if I would like to do some painting.

If interested in seeing more of my work you can go to FB.me/ArtofImaginationCreations and follow my page! I am working on getting the page up and running!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day