Concert Journal Entry: Franz Ferdinand


by Kate Marie Robbins

Date: April 27, 2018
Band: Franz Ferdinand
Venue: First Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Supporting Act(s): Priests

*This entry is taken from the RRSMS: The Concert Journal*


My first gig of 2018, so exciting! Jen (my sister) and I went, as we typically do these days. She's the only one with as eclectic taste in music as me. We ended up not getting there before doors opened at 8 p.m. so we didn't have to queue for very long. Though the gig was sold out, it didn't feel overly crowded, which made it easy to get close to the stage. After grabbing merch, we ended up being a few "rows" back stage left.

The opening act was called Priests, which was 3/4 female. Now, I'll admit I'm a bit of a female vocalist snob as Joseph (my brother) likes to say. I was not very impressed with them. Though, I did give them a listen on YouTube later and they were better, so perhaps it's just a live thing. Or maybe I'm just a snob. 

But oh, when Franz Ferdinand took the stage, they were everything I hoped they would be and more. Hailing from Glasgow, Scotland. Their melodies infectious, all you want to do is dance. And dance, I did. Hell, even Alex (the singer) put down his guitar during a few songs and danced. Be still my heart. Boy could he dance. I loved every minute of it. It was worth waiting all those years to finally see them (since 2005 when I first heard them). And would go again if the chance arose. By the end of the show we were almost center stage. 

The only interesting moment was when Jen got hit on by a very drunk guy. She gave him a fake number. Oh and both my Frank friends Wendy and Lisa were there. So all the hugs! (Lisa's photo was used for the cover of the concert journal.)

Franz Ferdinand's Set List:
Always Ascending
Dark of the Matinee
No You Girls
Glimpse of Love
Paper Cages
Do You Wanna
Walk Away
Right Action
Darts of Pleasure
Love Illumination
Slow Don't Kill Me Slow
Take Me Out
Huck and Jim
Ulysses

Encore:
Lazy Boy
Michael
Feel the Love Go
This Fire


Priests

Stage

Franz Ferdinand

Franz Ferdinand



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day