The Sounds of Advice #91: Future Generation


Do you think that children born today will have better or worse lives than their parents? 


Sandy:  Worse, no one had common sense, everyone is so rude and judgmental. Raised right though hopefully they turn out better.

Michaelle: I tend to look at this question in a more positive light because I feel that my children are healthier mentally, physically, and emotionally than I was or even my parents were. I am grateful for the healing in each generation, so that my children are better prepared for the world now and in the future.

Sid: Unfortunately I think they'll have it worse.

Kate: As much as I try to remain an optimistic person, seeing the world as it is now, things aren't getting better. We have the potential to create a better world, but it takes effort. As of right now, if things continue it will be worse, not better, unfortunately.


Facebook Weighs in:

Worse... this world we live in now is to pathetic in many ways. -Marena S.

I think that we hope it will be better for them but in reality current generations aren't doing much to better the state of the planet let alone the lives of those who inhabit it. I see future generations struggling to thrive and survive. -Gina D.

Worse -Katy R.

Unfortunately I think they'll have it worse. -Debbie M.

This world can break you in so many ways but I'll do my best to protect my daughter from it and prepare her for when she's on her own.... but let me tell you my 4 year old already has had a better life than I did at her age.... so it gives me hope. -Mary H.

I'm going to say worse because of technology. Coming from someone working with kids, I'm definitely going with worse. Technology is being used more and more by younger and younger people instead of giving them a book or encouraging them to play outside. However, it's getting to where a good number of jobs require technological skills. Should we really blame ourselves for their lives being worse than when we were kids? Or is it just us wanting to live through them? #FoodForThought -Brittany W.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day