Rock & Roll Saved My Soul: An Excerpt




Dear Reader,

I wanted to explain a bit about this book: where the idea came from and why we’re doing this. 
Music has always been a part of my life, as far back as I can remember.  I’m sure the same is true of you.  It’s in our schools, television, movies, and the radio.  It’s hard to avoid, but who would want to, right?   I am not the first to admit that music has gotten me through a lot.  It’s been there for me when no one else was or could.  There’s always that one song, that one band that gets you on a personal level. 

For me, there have been numerous bands that have had that effect on me.  The most recent being Frank Turner.  It is this man that sparked the idea for this book.  He is an amazing musician, and just an all around awesome guy.  Upon hearing his song “I Still Believe” it got the wheels in my head turning.  The song is about how music can save your life.  I started thinking about all of the times that music has saved my life.  We all have those stories.

The more I thought about it, I wanted to be able to share those stories with the world.   I started talking about it on Facebook to some of my friends, and there were some that were interested in helping.  The more I talked about it and shared the idea, the more interest the book got. 

Now here we are, Rock & Roll Saved My Soul is real.  It took a lot of hard work, but we got here nonetheless.  I couldn’t be prouder to share this with you.  And I couldn’t be prouder to share my story with you, the world.

With Love,
An Avid Music Lover, Kate



Where You Can Find and Review the Anthology:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day