Invisible Not Imagined: Anxiety (an excerpt)


Today I'd like to share an excerpt from something I am working on for the Invisible Not Imagined. It is yet untitled and very much still a work in progress, but I want to show people an example of what we're looking for. 



For me anxiety feels like being trapped in one of those giant hedge mazes. Every turn a dead end, each one bringing me closer to laying on the ground, curled up in the fetal position, crying. The panic attack does eventually subside, but I'm still stuck in the maze. Though, now I'm lucky because of Richard. Because I don't feel quite so stuck if he's standing at the edge of the maze, shining a light through, showing me the way out. He calls out words of encouragement and reminds me that I'm not alone. Some days I still find myself back in the maze, but I know there's a way out.


Please ignore the due date, as we are still accepting submissions! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day