Meet Renee Fournier, Founder of the Rescue Me Series


Tell our readers a little bit about yourself. We want to get to know you better! I am an author and avid reader along with feeding my travel addiction anytime possible. I try to allow my imagination to run wild while also incorporating my personal experiences into my writing giving my readers a chance to get to know me better through my writing.

What’s it been like volunteering for Rock & Roll Saved My Soul? What is your favorite thing about it? I think the best part about being a member of the RRSMS team is that everyone is so inclusive. We are our own little family and that makes it so much more comfortable to be able to express ideas, share questions and be a part of any discussion you may want to join.

What made you want to join the Rock & Roll Saved My Soul team? I was inspired by Kate and the series Rock & Roll Saved My Soul and was actually able to learn from her to help create my own charity series I am immensely proud of. For me being a part of RRSMS has been one of the best and most valuable learning experiences of my life.

Who are some of your favorite bands?  Favorite album(s)/song(s)? For me music is a fluid art. I do not have many all time favorites instead I have favorites for different moods. I have been a Phil Collins fan for as long as I can remember and my favorite love song of all time is Chris DeBurg’s Lady In Red but I love everything from classical to reggea, hip hop to pop, and classic rock to big band. I just want something to play that will enhance whatever experience I am having at the moment.

If you’ve been to a concert, which was the most memorable? Feel free to share any stories with us! Phil Collins was by far my most memorable concert. I have seen the Smashing Pumpkins, Jimmy Buffet, Backstreet Boys, KISS and numerous others but Phil Collins was a show I saw with my father. He is an artist we both have loved and he in fact was the one to turn me on to Phil’s music. I surprised him with tickets to the show and it was one of the most exhilarating 3 hours we ever experienced together.

If you could go on tour with one band for a month, which band would you choose and why? Because of my eclectic tastes I think I would prefer to attend and help organize awards shows with multiple presenters and performers than to go on tour with just one artist.

Are you a writer or musician? What genre? Where can we find out more about your writing or music? I am a writer and a former violinist as well as ballet and ballroom dancer. Music has been a huge part of my life but generally as a way to set the seen not as the primary focus. You are always welcome to contact me on Facebook on my page Renee Jean or on Twitter. I am working to get a website up as soon as possible as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day