Meet Andrea Stenlund, Co-Founder of the Everyday Miracles Series

Andrea, on the right, with founder of RRSMS, Kate, on the left

Tell our readers a little bit about yourself. We want to get to know you better!
I am Andrea Stenlund from Goodhue, a small town in Southeast Minnesota. I am a single mom to four beautiful girls and have another baby on the way due in the summer of 2016. I finally got the strength to divorce my abusive husband and it gave me the opportunity to meet the love of my life, Cory. My life is crazy juggling my children’s needs and activities while working as a PCA part-time. I enjoy music, reading, writing, and relaxing when I can. 

What’s it been like volunteering for Rock & Roll Saved My Soul? What is your favorite thing about it?
I enjoy helping others while I can and it makes me feel good to volunteer for such a great cause! My favorite thing about volunteering is meeting new people and being able to bring out my creative side.

What made you want to join the Rock & Roll Saved My Soul team? 
I have known Kate Robbins for many, many years and knowing how passionate she is about this made me want to get involved in any way I can.

Who are some of your favorite bands?  Favorite album(s)/song(s)? 
Some of my favorite bands include: Papa Roach, Matchbox 20, Pink Floyd, Frank Turner and Def Leopard. I love all songs and albums from these artists. I like listening to different bands, genres and styles of music. I love being introduced to new bands and/or songs. I am open to any type of music.

If you’ve been to a concert, which was the most memorable? Feel free to share any stories with us!
I know this is really sad, but I have never been to a concert! I hope to be able to attend many concerts in the future though.

If you could go on tour with one band for a month, which band would you choose and why?
I would really enjoy going on tour with Papa Roach. They have been my favorite band for nearly 20 years and would love to see what kinds of things they do while they are on tour. 

Are you a writer or musician? What genre? Where can we find out more about your writing or music? 
I highly enjoy both writing and music. I am able to play a few instruments, such as the clarinet, flute, bari-sax, trumpet, French horn and a little piano. I mostly play for my own enjoyment or to entertain my children. I am hoping my love for music will carry over to my children and they acquire a love and appreciation for music.  Would love to enjoy this hobby together as a family. 

Anything you’d like to add? 
I am extremely proud to be a part of RRSMS. I look forward to being more involved and being able to use my stories to inspire and help others. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day