Invisible Illness Diary #23 - Anxiety from Being Sick - Kate Marie Robbins


December 31, 2019: I'm still sick and it's causing major anxiety. I called in sick this past Friday and I felt so guilty about it. I rarely call in. But I know I needed the rest to feel better. I struggle with that a lot. I have all these things I should be doing or working on, but my body doesn't always let me do them. And then I feel super guilty for not doing them. It's an endless cycle. I know I have to do what my limits allow, but I never feel like I'm doing enough. It's hard to find a balance. One day I'll get there. Or at least learn not to feel so guilty for it. 

On the plus side, all that's really left of this cold is a nagging cough and slight headache. So that's progress. Lord knows it's been way too long dealing with this. I'm hoping when I check in again with you all next week I'll be back to 100% myself! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day