Invisible, Not Imagined Excerpt



Endometriosis (A Poem)
By S.B. Carnes

Every day the pain is the same and even more painful than the last day

Never a day of being pain free without medication

Daily pains are my normal now

Others like me fight every day to be heard on their “Invisible illness”

My normal is sucking up my pain everyday

Everyone tells me “you’re fine, you don’t look sick or in pain”

The truth is yes, I don’t look it, but I feel it every day of my life

Respect me when I tell you I can’t hang out

I need my rest because this illness takes a lot out of me

Or deal with the constant complaining of how tired I am the choice is yours

Sometimes I feel I am the only one going through this

I know I am not alone.

There are millions of women that have Endometriosis just like me.

So, let’s spread awareness and be heard END ENDOMETRIOSIS FOR US!!!


To read the rest of the stories and poems, pick up a copy of the anthology on Amazon today! All proceeds benefit Rock the Cause


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day