Rock and Roll Saved My Soul Volume One


"Changing the World, One Story at a Time"

Has music had a positive impact on you? Changed your life? Or even saved you? For us, it has.

In this book, you will find a collection of stories, letters, and poetry about how music has personally changed our lives. Each story is unique, each story is true. Filled with emotion, passion, and love for the bands and songs that have touched our lives. 

All proceeds from this book will be donated to Rock the Cause. Rock the Cause is a Minnesota based charity that use the power of music, community, and social media to create a new generation of stewardship for other non-profit causes.

This book includes pieces from: Kate Marie Robbins
Declan Kaba
Andrea L. Staum
Lauren Hartley
Julie Young
Melissa Jean Anderson
Taren Paige
Stacy Ashley
Clarissa Simmens
Jen Lea Robbins
Terra Gray
J.E. Haldeman
Sandy Ashley
Chall-Chan Inuzuka
Arminta Dellow
Abhishek Vipul Thakkar
Heather Kirchhoff
Jen Andrews
Vrai Kaiser
Marika von Zellen
DC Larson
Jasmine McGhee
Tristen Klingensmith
Natasha Vahora
Twinkle (Sugandha) Varshney



J. E. Haldeman 5.0 out of 5 stars

Despite being one of the Authors... I really enjoyed reading through everyone's recounts and stories on how Rock and Roll contributed to their future. My novels always have that aspect of music - i can't write without music. I have been through a rollercoaster on some levels myself, and I am very happy that Kate Marie Robbins allowed me to share my "music" (as in novel/stories) with the book. I am VERY happy it is going to Rock the Cause, because as a huge fan of Hideto Matsumoto - i think this is a charity he would've been happy to support. Sure, i'm going out and sticking my neck out, but if it weren't for the Pink Spider - i wouldn't have inspiration to even START writing let alone battle my ADHD/other issues to FINISH my first novel and get onto the second. Keep keeping on people, we write to inspire others don't we?

Sandy Ashley 5.0 out of 5 stars

Inspiring When my best friend told me her idea, I thought it was great. I was ready to help. I have my own story in here and was excited to read the other stories. Music is a huge part of my life so needless to say I couldn't wait to start reading stories. So many of these stories touched me in so many ways. Some made me smile, others made me actually rethink a few things and some made more want to cry. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! It truly is a great read for anyone who likes music even a little bit!!

Heather Kirchhoff 5.0 out of 5 stars

Heartbreaking I admit I have a story in this, but I also must say that the other stories are heartbreaking and amazing. I can't believe some of the stuff the other authors went through. I can also relate to some of it, though, and I'm glad to be a part of this. All proceeds will be going to Rock the Cause so go check it out if you're looking for true stories or want to see how music can change/save lives.

Marsha Jeanne Thalleen 5.0 out of 5 stars

Thoughtful Rock & Roll Saved My Soul is a terrific anthology of uplifting stories where music changed/effected the lives of the writers. I wonder if you have ever thought about the connection that music plays in your everyday life, and in your memories?

Jasmine N. McGhee 5.0 out of 5 stars

GREAT READ LOVE RRSMS!!!!

Clarissa Simmens 5.0 out of 5 stars

I am a contributor of two pages and I do not know the editors or other contributors personally. However, I would like to say that when I read the book I had tears in my eyes from some of the stories. They show how courageous humanity can be. Like me (and possibly you) each contributor found that music enabled them to keep on moving–or dancing–along the path of life, no matter how rocky and rutted it is. This made each story a truly moving and uplifting experience. {All proceeds will be donated to Rock the Cause Charity}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day