Second Chance Excerpt



The Dog that Changed Everything

By Andrea Meyer


I have always been afraid of dogs ever since I can remember. I never wanted to be around them. They made me feel very unsafe and uncomfortable.

Recently, my husband and I talked about getting a dog to complete our family. It took a few months to be okay with this idea and a few more months to find the perfect dog. We found Kaia on a for sale site and went to meet her. When we met her we instantly knew she was for us! She is an American Bully breed, which I had never heard of, but from doing extensive research it showed that those breeds are good family dogs, which she definitely lives up to that expectation!

After having her only a few months she fits in perfectly with our chaotic family! To me, she’s not just an animal, but another child. I am so in love with Kaia. I had no idea I would have these feelings towards a dog ever!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day