Concert Journal: Frank Turner Be More Kind Tour



By Kate Robbins and Michael Riechard

Date: June 22, 2018
Band: Frank Turner
Venue: Myth
Supporting Acts: Homeless Gospel Choir, The Menzingers, Lucero

Bodie's first Frank gig. Michael's first gig ever. So two big firsts! Because Jen had to work we didn't make it up to the venue before it started and missed almost all of Homeless Gospel Choir's set, so I have no opinion on them.

After Bodie picked out what he wanted from the merch booth (his second Frank t-shirt and a copy of Be More Kind) we started looking for somewhere to stand. That's when I accidentally stumbled into my friend Reven, which was awesome, because we had hoped we'd get to meet, even if it was only for a few minutes.

Michael and I settled stage left for The Menzinger's set. They were good. Was digging the old school punk rock vibe. After they were done we went to find Jen and Bo. Bodie wanted to go up on the balcony, so that's where we stayed the rest of the show. I'd heard mixed things about Lucero. People either love them or hate them. I fell into the latter category.

Then, finally, it was time for Frank. It was glorious. I'd e-mailed Frank, asking if he'd play Bodie's favorite song (Glorious You). He didn't end up playing it, but did play his second favorite song, so still a win. Bodie was dancing up a storm. Everyone loved him! His hair, his outfit, and his dance moves. A girl asked him to dance, but he was too shy to actually dance with her. So sweet though.

By the time it was over, we were all tired, hot, and hungry. It was worth it though. Sadly, I didn't get to see any of my other Frank friends, but we're all family when we're at a concert. It's the best feeling in the world.

Set list:
1933
Get Better
Next Storm
Recovery
Little Changes
The Way I Tend to Be
Be More Kind
I Knew Prufrock Before He Was Famous
The Road
21st Century Survival Blues
If Ever I Stray
Try This at Home
Make America Great Again
The Opening Act of Spring
Love Forty Down (Bodie's second favorite song)
Tell Tale Signs
Blackout
Out of Breath
Photosynthesis

Encore:
Going Nowhere
I Still Believe
Four Simple Words
Polaroid Picture

The Menzingers

Lucero

Frank Turner

Frank Turner

Punk rock Bodie

Well, I was pretty excited and it was fun. It was pretty similar to the rave I went to before just there was more people and not so colorful. The Menzingers were awesome, definitely a band I could get into. I just didn't like the other band (Lucero). They were awful. Nothing like country or punk; more like old times music lol. I had a blast though. Loved it all but the one band.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day