Meet R.H. Ali




R.H. Ali has been published in numerous Anthologies including Wonderstruck, Random Acts of Kindness and Today, Tomorrow, Always. She adores reading and writing almost every genre and she is currently working on her first full length novel, ‘Amulet’. Her love for writing is displayed on her Facebook Author Page, (R.H.Ali) and her blog, (Exploring the Mind). R.H. Ali has recently started her own BookTube, (Exploring Books 2.0), dedicated to her passion for reading and writing books. She lives in the beautiful island of Trinidad located in the Caribbean where she lives with her family. 


What is your name and/or pen name?

Hey everyone! My name is Radeyah and my Pen Name is R.H. Ali. I love the idea of having a Pen Name since it separates my author life from the other aspects of my life. It also makes me feel cool and mysterious (lol!). 

How long have you been writing?

I have been writing in the loose sense since around 2003. However I began writing poetry frequently around 2009 and I also started writing my unpublished novel, Amulet, around that time as well. I hope to be writing for as long as my fingers are able to move over a keyboard or hold a pen! 

What is your favourite book/piece you have written?

My favourite piece would have to be my short story about Adara, The World of Magifidad, published in, Blood Moon, an anthology compiled by Mary Blowers. This short story was a continuation of my Drabble published in Wonderstruck by Clean Teen Publishing. I definitely plan on continuing Adara’s story in the future. 

What are you working on currently?

I am currently working on five stand alone novels which I hope to make a great deal of headway from now until September. I am also working on a few submissions for some Rock and Roll Saved My Soul Anthologies by Kate Marie Robbins since I adore her work and what it stands for. 

Who is your favourite writer/author?

My ultimate favourite author is J.K. Rowling, which is probably a huge cliché, but J.K. Rowling’s life itself is an inspiration to me. She has come out of poverty through her writing. That to me, demonstrates the power of writing and the power of sharing what you write. I aspire to be as open and forthcoming with my creativity as she has been, and continues to be. 

What is your favourite book / book series?

From my previous answer, I’m sure you’ve guessed my favourite series is Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and you’re right! The series feels like home to me and if I’ve had a bad day, or week, or month, Hogwarts is ALWAYS there to welcome me home. My favourite book is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I would stay up late at night and read this book, over and over again. The story is such an inspiration to me. 

What made you decide to be a writer? And who or what inspires you the most to be a writer?

The desire to be a writer really stems from my love for reading and the concept of taking the reader on a journey within any story. I think it is a magical thing to be able to experience things without ever leaving the comfort of your favourite reading chair. The reader really gains so much knowledge and benefits so much from the experiences the characters go through and I want to share that with everyone.

I have a few close friends who also enjoy writing and it is very rewarding to talk to them about their story worlds. They inspire me to continue writing and to develop my stories more. 

What kind of music do you listen to when you write, if any? Favorite singer/band?

I don’t usually listen to music when I write, especially if I’m in a quiet place since I prefer silence. However when my surroundings are noisy, I like to listen to wordless music. So I’d listen to the karaoke versions of songs. I’ve also recently picked up listening to a lot of Mozart. 

What is your favorite genre to write and read?

Fantasy is definitely my favourite genre to write about. I love to create new and unique species and characters. 

If you could meet any writer, living or dead, who would it be?

I would adore meeting J.K. Rowling. I could talk to her for ages if she’d let me. I love the way she thinks and I’ve probably seen every single interview she has ever done. 

What do you most want to accomplish as a writer?

My ultimate goal as a writer is to finish my first manuscript and have it published. 

What was it like working with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul?  Would you recommend them to someone else?

My experience with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul has been extremely rewarding and really fun. Kate is such a kind person and she is always so willing to help in any way that she can. I absolutely love that the books published here are always for such great causes and I fully support all the endeavours of Rock & Roll Saved My Soul. I would highly recommend Rock & Roll Saved My Soul to everyone. 


For more information about R.H. Ali, please visit: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day