Meet Keleigh Grosso


Keleigh Grosso is 21 year-old  aspiring author. She started writing when she was in the first grade at Bear Creek Elementary School in Lakewood, Colorado. She began to take writing seriously in the fifth grade when she read a short story for a school project to her father. He told her that she had a talent in writing and should pursue this newly found passion. She did a little bit of writing here and there but for the most part put it on the back burner. In middle and high school, she had three poems published with Creative Communication. During her junior year of high school, she, with the help of her English teacher, formed the Bear Creek High School Write Club. She was president for two years, then the BCHS Write Club changed to the National English Honors Society. It was also during this time that she conceived Writingthroughmyeyes, the name for her writing portfolio in her creative writing class. She stuck with it and transformed it into her brand. Her senior year of high school, she participated in her first slam poetry contest with her poem When A Girl Gets Hurt and came away tied for third place. After graduation, she wrote a myriad of short stories of  all different genres. When she's not writing, she's going to concerts, meeting band members and studying to get her Associates Degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Penn Foster Career School. She loves working with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul and has recently become the Instragram manager of the organization. She is excited to see what opportunities Rock & Roll Saved My Soul opens up for her.


What is your name and/or pen name?
My name is Keleigh Grosso.

How long have you been writing? 
I have been writing since the first grade.

What is your favorite book/piece you have written? 
My favorite piece I've written is my short story The Jester.

What are you working on currently? 
I am currently working on expanding my audience and getting my name out into the writing community.

Who is your favorite writer/author?
My favorite author is either R.L. Stine or Stephen King.

What is your favorite book/book series?
I still love Goosebumps, but speaking as an adult, Deliver Us From Evil by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool is my favorite book.

What made you decide to be a writer?  And who or what inspires you the most to be a writer?
I decided to be a writer in the fifth grade, after I showed my dad a short story I had written for a school project. We were to write a story from the perspective of a shoe. My dad loved it and told me I had a talent for writing. From that day on, I aspired to be a writer. At this moment, I would say my 10 year old niece inspires me to be a writer. She loves to help me come up with story ideas. She is who I think of when I want to just give up. She is my inspiration for everything in life.

What kind of music do you listen to when you write, if any? Favorite singer/band?
I don't really listen to anything when I write. When i do however, I listen to audio stories on YouTube or The NoSleep podcast. My favorite band is either Farewell, My Love or The Maine.

What is your favorite genre to write and read?
My favorite genre to read and write is horror. I grew up with horror and it's been a really big influence in my life.

If you could meet any writer, living or dead, who would it be?
I would meet either Edgar Allan Poe or Mark Twain.

What do you most want to accomplish as a writer?
Honestly? I want to get famous with my writing. I want to go places and meet people. I want to use that influence and fame to help other reach their dreams. I don't just mean writers, I mean anyone looking for help in creative fields! Writers, illustrators, artists, bands, musicians! I want to make it easier for the more creative people to start their careers so they can start off doing something they love instead of working at a job they hate and feeling like they have no time for their passions. That is what I most want to accomplish as a writer.

What was it like working with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul?  Would you recommend them to someone else?
I love working with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul. They've given me the opportunity to share my writing and given me a chance to get my foot through the door in the world of writing. I would absolutely recommend them to someone else! In fact, I already have! 


For more information about Keleigh, please visit: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day