Interview with Sandy Ashley



I’m Sandy. I have always loved music. I also love writing. I wrote poems for years. I tried to write books when I was a teen, but I could never get past chapter 3. When I finally decided to write a book again, when I finally got past chapter 3. I thought to myself I can totally do this. I’m a mom of two wonderful kids. JJ is my oldest and Kalynn (Kay is my youngest). I love spending time with them. They are my world.

When my BBFF Katie told me about RRSMS, I knew I had to be a part of it! I have to put a story in each book, so far I have. I’m hoping to have a story in each one. I have done that up until now. I was thrilled to help with I Am Loved. I just know a lot of people find it hard to fit in. I know because I have always had a hard time fitting in sometimes. I also know that it’s harder for people who are GLBT. The fact that all the money goes to help other makes me feel good. I try to help everyone and I can’t always do that. Being able to write things for these books to help others, makes me feel like I did something. 



What has it been like being a part of Rock & Roll Saved My Soul (RRSMS)?   What do you enjoy most about being a part of it?
Working with RRSMS has been great! It’s easy to get advice/help if I’m stuck. Everyone get along and that’s what we need to make this all go as smoothly as we can. I just love the fact that I am building friendships with others that help with RRSMS. 

How did you get involved with the RRSMS community?
I got involved because Katie told me she was putting a book together of stories about how music has changed us. I was in it from there. Didn’t take much to get me to help out.  

Music is a big part of what RRSMS, who are your favorite bands/artists?
I love N Sync (most people laugh at me for it), Just Surrender, Owl City, The Window Theatre, Nickelback, Skillet and so many others. The list is kind of never ending.

Favorite concert that you’ve been to?  (If you’ve not been to one, who would you like to see the most?)
I can only pick one? Hmmm that’s hard. I have so many awesome memories of show I have been too. It’s a tie between when Dougie (drummer from My Darkest Days) remembered seeing me from a week before at a different show and my son getting to meet Three Days Grace.

Do you have a go to song/band that always cheers you up when you’re feeling down?
Owl City can always cheer me up! That Adam has some really funny and catchy songs that just make me want to get up and dance and be happy.

Tell our readers something random about you.  Something that people wouldn’t know by looking at you.
I’m a huge gamer.

Books are obviously a huge part of RRSMS as well.  What type of books do you like to read?
I love reading fantasy, anything to do with vampires. Honestly though if it keeps my attention I will finish it. There have only been two books that I couldn’t finish. They just couldn’t hold my attention for whatever reason.

Any favorite authors/books?
I love Nicholas Sparks, Justin Stomper wrote a great series that I love called Vampirates, Harry Potter, as a kid Goosebumps, and anything about animals too is good with me. 

Now for a few random questions:  Favorite color?
I love the color blue. Usually lighter blues, but I like darker blues too.

Favorite quote?  (If you have one)
It’s actually kind of a resent quote but I feel in love with it, “There is always a rainbow after the storm.” Can mean different things, but to me it means that no matter how bad things are (storm) is always something good that happens (rainbow). 

Favorite animal?
Dolphins for sure!! However, I am a huge animal lover in general.

Anything else you would like to say or tell our readers? 

I love friends and getting to know people. If you want to talk send me a message. I’m always here to help people. If you ever need someone to listen I am more than happy to just be a shoulder or you to cry or and lend an ear to listen. Just send me a message and I will be there for you. 



For more information about Sandy Ashley, please visit:  



Comments

  1. Quite interesting, reading of Sandy's musical interests and author favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day