The Sounds of Advice #79: Negative Into a Positive


When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great?

Sandy: So Jan 5th started out like any other day. I was excited to go pick up my daughter early from her dads. Which for me is always good. However, I didn't make it to see her that day. I was driving up there and hit some ice lost control of the car and it rolled 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 times. This day really could have been worse. While in the ambulance they noticed my back was pretty messed up. I didn't know how serious though. I was life flighted to Pocatello and had tests done. I was transported to a place that could help with my back. Once there and in ICU room is when I found out how lucky I really was with my injury. My Dr who fixed my back was shocked i wasn't paralyzed from my T11 bone shattering. So even though I was in a bad car accident and i was injured and would have a long recovery, but not being paralyzed was the best news. I was still going to be able to run and chase my kids around and have fun and take them places. For that no news was better than that!!

Sid: When I started writing. It was terrible. New skills are like that, but you have to keep going with them! So if you're starting to learn a new skill and it's not going well right away, keep going! Hard work will pay off. 

Kate: I was in an emotionally/mentally abusive relationship and I knew that I needed to get out of it. I also knew that it wasn't going to be pretty, but I did what I had to do, knowing that it was going to be a nightmare. And it was. But, once I was free from him my life got so much better. My self-esteem rose again. I found myself again. And I found happiness, both in who I was as a person and with someone. I learned to love again and to be loved the right way. It is always hard to end a relationship, especially one that is abusive, but it is always worth it. You're worth it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day