The Sounds of Advice #78: Love Your Job?


Do you think you have to love your job? 


Sandy: You don't have to love your job, but it helps make the days faster. My great uncle tells me all the time "if you love your job, you will never work another day in your life"

Aisling: I think it's important to love your job, or at least like it. If you're going to a job that you hate every day, that's just adding stress to your life that you don't need.

Sid: I think that you do, but I also realize that this is considered a luxury these days. 

Kate: I think that you should, because it makes life more enjoyable, but the likelihood of it happening isn't always positive. I've been on both sides of the situation, loving and hating my job. It's far better to love it than to hate it.


Facebook weighs in:

Nope and I don't love my job even through I have been there for almost 14 years. -Lori M.

Yes. Doing a job you don’t really like year after year makes for a miserable time at work and sometime at home too. At the end of my working time I was totally unhappy, I was very happy when they let me go. By that time I was writing part time, so I decided to stay home and write full time. I’m so happy writing. -Maggie P.

I think it would be nice to love your job & what you do but I feel most don’t lol -Mark R.


No, I don't think so. Most people don't. You don't have to, but would make life a lot better if you did. You wouldn't dread having to go to work every day, you might even be excited about going to work.
-Joseph R. 

I think most people dislike their jobs are bcuz of other employees or piss poor management. Being your own boss is stressful too making it very hard to enjoy your work, customers are ruthless.
-Misse R.

No. Just tolerate it. -Lisa S.

I doubt many people love their jobs. I'm very lucky because I enjoy mine a lot, but I've done jobs I hated in order to survive. -Carmilla V.

To survive it? Yes -Rachael K.

I don't think you have to love your job but if you do that makes it a hell of a lot easier to go to everyday. -Gina D.


I believe you can do very bad and boring jobs, as long you have great co-workers. -Susanne A. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day