Concert Journal: Powerman 5000


Date: June 23, 2019
Venue: Every Buddy's Bar and Grill
Supporting Acts: Stumpt, Filthy Sweet

By Kate Marie Robbins


I knew this show was going to be a lot of fun because I was going with Jen (my sister) and Andrea (my best friend). And it would be the first gig I ever went to with Andrea. It was actually her idea to go. 

The venue was a lot smaller than I anticipated and was set up weird, with the stage right next to the entrance. But let's backtrack a second. I had told Andrea if I could manage it, she'd get to meet the band. When we were waiting to get in Spider (lead singer of PM5K) came out and Andrea wanted to get a picture. So I took her over to get one. She was pretty happy about that. 


The first band to play was called Stumpt. They weren't bad, but the vocals were a bit hard to understand. So I can't really give a fair assessment of them. 



The second band to play was called Filthy Sweet. They were a lot easier to understand and I just enjoyed their style of music. Plus, they did a hella rockin' cover of Possum Kingdom by the Toadies. We snagged a set list that I gave to Andrea. 



Then, finally, PM5K came on. The energy was just amazing. I was in my element. There is nothing quite like a rock show. We were a little to the side from front and center, which is much easier for pictures, but right on the barrier. My favorite place to be. At one point, I almost got hit in the head with Taylor's guitar. haha Andrea got a guitar pick from Taylor and a set list. 







Afterwards, we got pictures and autographs from three other members of the band. Also bought us each something from the merch booth. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day