A Meeting With Frank Turner

On October 7, 2015 myself (Kate) and my sister/co-founder of RRSMS got the opportunity to meet the one and only Frank Turner. For those of you that don't know, it was a Frank Turner song, "I Still Believe," that inspired RRSMS. Without Frank, this wouldn't exist, so this was a big moment for me. 

With the help of Bree Vanderland, we got the first volume of Rock & Roll Saved My Soul fixed up, so that we could give Frank a copy and get a few signed. 




So there we were, sitting outside of the record shop acoustic show, waiting to get in.



Frank played one song of each album, and it was amazing! 


After the set we waited, (not so patiently) in line to get to meet him. I won't lie, my heart was racing. I thought I might pass out.  I didn't though! So, we were next. We handed off what we wanted signed and his manager set it on the counter. I gave him my phone for him to take photos of us with Frank.  Little did I know that his manager caught the whole experience on film!

The initial hug



When I gave him his copy of the book



Him hugging me again after I gave him his copy




Him signing our copies of the book



And, of course, our photos with him!






Last, but not least, my autographed copy of the anthology!



We have two copies for RRSMS purposes. One will be for our new mission based street team, and the other will hopefully be auctioned off for our charity.  

It was a once in a lifetime experience. I consider myself very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to do this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day