Meet S.K. Brandon


S.K Brandon is a nineteen year old author who resides in Illinois with his family and two rats (Asher and Westley). This Potterhead spends most of his time Participating in Rock and Roll Saved My Soul events, Gleeking out, reading, writing, creating Cosplay tails and keychains.



What is your name and/or pen name?
I'm Sid and I write under the pen name S.K. Brandon

How long have you been writing?  
I've been writing since I was in first grade, but only really started writing seriously in middle school.

What is your favorite book/piece you have written?
I think my favourite piece is the poem I submitted to one of Rock and Roll Saved My Soul's anthologies, Fighting Chance. I wrote it about the struggles a friend of mine faced growing up in an abusive home and having other abusive relationships in her life.

What are you working on currently?  
Currently I am working on my first novel Sunday Morning, a Whiskey Kids Novel.

Who is your favorite writer/author?
I would have to say a tie between J.K. Rowling and Kate Marie Robbins.

What is your favourite book/book series?
Harry Potter, it was the first series I ever read all the way through.

What made you decide to be a writer?  And who or what inspires you the most to be a writer?
One day a book idea just came to me and I knew writing was what  I wanted to do with my life. That's how I knew I was a writer, I could see myself being happy with that path.

The fact that reading can be an escape from real world emotions or stress can be extremely helpful, inspires me to be a writer and publish my stories, so maybe they're help someone else like reading helps me. 

What kind of music do you listen to when you write, if any? Favorite singer/band?
I listen to a wide variety, but it usually depends on what I am writing. I listen to everything from Taylor Swift to The Amity Affliction.

What is your favorite genre to write and read?
My favourite book genre would have to be Fantasy Romance. I've always had a thing for it, it comes naturally to me. 

If you could meet any writer, living or dead, who would it be?
I would like to meet J.K. Rowling, the Harry Potter series, and all she's done inspires me.

What do you most want to accomplish as a writer?
I want to get my writing published and read. That is my main goal. I also hope to help others in anyways I can. Even if that's just by giving them a fantasy world to escape to. 

What was it like working with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul?  Would you recommend them to someone else?
Working with the team was a wonderful experience. It's a very honourable charity and I must say I am extremely proud to work with them and be a part of this wonderful charity.


For more information about S.K. Brandon, please visit:
Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day