Meet Sandy Ashley


I’m Sandy. I have always loved music. I also love writing. I wrote poems for years. I tried to write books when I was a teen, but I could never get past chapter 3. When I finally decided to write a book again, when I finally got past chapter 3. I thought to myself I can totally do this. I’m a mom of two wonderful kids. JJ is my oldest and Kalynn (Kay is my youngest). I love spending time with them. They are my world.

When my BBFF Katie told me about RRSMS, I knew I had to be a part of it! I have to put a story in each book, so far I have. I’m hoping to have a story in each one. I have done that up until now. I was thrilled to help with I Am Loved. I just know a lot of people find it hard to fit in. I know because I have always had a hard time fitting in sometimes. I also know that it’s harder for people who are GLBT. The fact that all the money goes to help other makes me feel good. I try to help everyone and I can’t always do that. Being able to write things for these books to help others, makes me feel like I did something. 


What is your name and/or pen name? 
Sandy Ashley

How long have you been writing?  
Off and on since middle school.

What is your favorite book/piece you have written? 
All the ones I have wrote for RRSMS.

What are you working on currently?  
I am currently working on A Lost Dhampir

Who is your favorite writer/author? 
Nicholas Sparks is pretty good.

What is your favorite book/book series? 
I read a series called Vampirates. It was amazing.

What made you decide to be a writer?  And who or what inspires you the most to be a writer? 
I wrote poems. Then I got into writing song lyrics. When I was younger I always thought it would be cool to write something about meeting my crush at the time (usually Justin Timberlake). How we would meet and fall in love. I have always enjoyed writing. I even used to have a diary. I would write to my dad sometimes (he passed away). Katie actual is the one who convinced me to write a book. Been slowly working on it since.

What kind of music do you listen to when you write, if any? Favorite singer/band? 
I do really well when listening to *N Sync.

What is your favorite genre to write and read? 
I like to read anything that keeps my attention. It doesn’t have to have any certain genre.

If you could meet any writer, living or dead, who would it be? 
I would love to meet all of the people who take part in Rock and Roll Saved my Soul. We have so many amazing authors and it would be great to meet everyone who has helped.

What do you most want to accomplish as a writer? 
I just want to be published. I don’t care if people don’t like it. I worked for it and to me that’s what matters.

What was it like working with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul?  Would you recommend them to someone else? 
It’s been great working with RRSMS!! I just love how we all just help each other. Even if it has nothing to do with the series and it’s our own work. I would and I will keep trying to get others included in it. It’s a great chance to work with amazing people!


For more information about Sandy Ashley, please visit:  


(I will donate or you can buy for your own giveaways.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day