Meet Aimee Carnegie


Aimee is a 20 year old Scottish girl who loves dogs and musicals. She spends her days playing Minecraft and watching Supernatural, when she’s not singing along to musical soundtracks, skyping her friends or writing her books! She loves Russell Howard and anything paranormal, and has a bit of a soft spot for romantic comedies.


What is your name and/or pen name?
My name is Aimee Carnegie, I don’t currently use a pen name, though have plans to in the future. Secrets!

How long have you been writing? 
I’ve been writing short stories all my life, but I’ve only been writing full length books for about two and a half years now.

What is your favorite book/piece you have written? 
My favourite piece of writing is definitely ‘Through The Eyes Of The Enemy’, a piece I submitted to the Authors Against Bullying anthology.

What are you working on currently? 
Currently I’m working on some short anthology pieces and two full-length books.

Who is your favorite writer/author?
It’s a hard choice, as I have a few. Top three are definitely Alexander Gordon Smith, JK Rowling and Stuart McBride.

What is your favorite book/book series?
My favourite book series is either Stuart McBride’s Aberdeen murder mysteries or the Escape From Furnace series by Alexander Gordon Smith.

What made you decide to be a writer?  And who or what inspires you the most to be a writer?
I’ve always had a knack for writing at school, and after meeting Alexander Gordon Smith and getting his autograph on his book I really thought about writing, about four years ago. I started writing a year and a half later and Gordon’s opinion on my very first chapter really pushed me to continue writing. From there I started writing for anthologies, and started on other book projects.

What kind of music do you listen to when you write, if any? Favorite singer/band?
I have a playlist of my favourite songs and soundtracks online that I listen to while I write.

What is your favorite genre to write and read?
My favourite genre to write is definitely romance, and my favourite to read is anything with Scottish History, true life or murder mystery.

If you could meet any writer, living or dead, who would it be?
I would love more than anything to meet Edgar Allen Poe. He’s such a talented writer!

What do you most want to accomplish as a writer?
I want to get my stories and my characters out there in the world where they can be read and loved. I hope above anything to help people, I find a sense of escapism in books and literature and I hope to bring that to my fans and my readers.

What was it like working with Rock & Roll Saved My Soul?  Would you recommend them to someone else?
It’s been an absolute pleasure working with them, they’re so easy-going and patient with all their authors and it’s been a great experience. I would definitely recommend them!


For more information about Aimee, please visit:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day