Meet Bree Vanderland, head of promotional artwork



Tell our readers a little bit about yourself. We want to get to know you better!
I am 23 years old and I love reading and writing. When I’m not doing either, I can usually be found either cuddling one of my cats or playing with my little 10 year old sister. I write mainly Fantasy and am trying to expand on the genres, but on top of that, I am the creator of Authors Against Bullying, a charity book series published by RRSMS.

What’s it been like volunteering for Rock & Roll Saved My Soul? What is your favorite thing about it?
Volunteering and working with RRSMS has been an amazing experience. We all learn new things and we all work together to achieve our goals. Goals are set and I guess we’re more like family than anything else. A lot of us knew each other before RRSMS and the company brought us together even more. 

What made you want to join the Rock & Roll Saved My Soul team? 
A part of the reason that I joined was to help out Kate, the owner, and make sure that she had someone else who could be there when needed, but when she expanded the company to include more anthologies than just music related ones, I had to help in some way. After listening to a friend and all they had to say about some other girls that were bullying her at school, I had to do something. We were countries apart and since I couldn’t physically do anything to help her, I decided to take a stand and help raise awareness. 

Who are some of your favorite bands? Favorite album(s)/song(s)? 
I guess this is a part where I admit that I’m a little strange on music tastes since it all ranges! But, here are a few:
- Paramore
- Evanescence
- Demi Lovato
- Selena Gomez
- Almost anything classical
- Carrie Underwood
- Miranda Lambert

My favorite song this week has got to be Stone Cold by Demi Lovato and Piece by Piece from Kelly Clarkson. Those pieces are filled with so much emotion that they are just amazing. 

If you’ve been to a concert, which was the most memorable? Feel free to share any stories with us!
HAHA! Don’t judge me, but I’ve only ever been to one concert and it was soooo long ago and it was a Hillary Duff concert. It was still amazing though, the sounds, so many people there to listen to music and enjoy the artist. Other than the concerts that I’ve performed in – and that’s a totally different experience – it was the one and only, only because life is so busy at the moment. 

If you could go on tour with one band for a month, which band would you choose and why?
I think this is a difficult decision, but I would have to say Evanescence. Amy Lee is an amazing vocalist and the music that they play gives me goosebumps every time I hear them. I’ve only heard their live album, but if what they do live is anything like that, they would be amazing to be a part with.

Are you a writer or musician? What genre? Where can we find out more about your writing or music? 
I am actually both a writer and a musician, surprisingly. I started playing music and learned how to play the flute. From there, I went to piccolo, clarinet, violin, and more. I’ve even wrote some music, not that they will see the light of day any time soon. They’re still not quite ready. 
But I also write. I mainly write Fantasy, but I am expanding on that. I’m working on poetry and some historical-fiction. I would love to continue to expand and write many different genres, including horror, an idea I’ve been playing with. 

To find out more about my writing, you can visit my website or Facebook page:
www.authorvanderland.com
www.facebook.com/Author.Bree 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day