A Bit About Rock & Roll Saved My Soul


Rock & Roll Saved My Soul is a music inspired anthology series created by three Minnesota natives, Kate Marie Robbins, Jen Lea Robbins, and Arminta Dellow.

The idea for the books were sparked when indie author, Kate Marie Robbins heard the song “I Still Believe” by Frank Turner.  The lyrics of the song sparked something inside her and the book was born.  She enlisted the help of her sister, Jen, and one of her best friends, Arminta to help her with the journey.

All proceeds from the books will be donated to Rock the Cause. Rock the Cause is a Minnesota based charity that uses the power of music, community, and social media to create a new generation of stewardship for other non-profit causes.


The Founders:


Kate Marie Robbins


Kate Marie Robbins, not only wrote the introduction of the book, but she also included a personal story, and did the cover art for it. This book means a lot to her, and she feels she can do something great with the project. She’s hoping that this may be the first of many volumes of the book.

She is an indie published author, who has self-published a novel, Indigo (book #1 of the Indigo Trilogy), a novella, Aine's Freedom (book #1 of the Chasing Rainbows series), and an illustrated character guide for Indigo.  Aside from writing, she does cover art, both freelance, as well as for an indie publishing company, called Pure Ice Publishing.   She also enjoys drawing, painting, singing, and everything else creative.

Favorite Bands: Switchfoot, Chiodos, Scars on 45, The 87, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls

Favorite Concert Memory: Being pulled on stage at an Anthony Green show, to hold his harmonica for him, because he didn't have a holder for it.



Jen Lea Robbins


Jen Lea Robbins got involved with this book because music is an important part of her life and thought the book was a great idea. A chance for her to be a part of something positive and make a difference.

Jen is a young, single mother of a two year old son.  She also works part-time at a nursing home doing housekeeping and laundry.  She enjoys reading, music, writing, drawing, playing video games, and spending time with her friends, family, and son.

Jen is currently in the planning stage co-writing for two different series with her sister, Kate.  One being a collection of dark fairytales and the other historical fiction based on the lives of pirates.

Favorite Bands: Matt Nathanson, Scars on 45, Frank Turner, Billy Talent, Smile Empty Soul, Less Than Jake, and Slipknot



Arminta Dellow


Arminta Dellwo was invited into the project by her lifelong friends, Kate and Jen. She immediately accepted involvement due to her extreme love and passion of music. She contributed a personal story to the book and is very excited for potential future projects.



Meet the Newest Addition to the RRSMS Team!



Sandy Ashley


I’m Sandy. I have always loved music. I also love writing. I’ve written poems for years. I tried to write books when I was a teen, but I could never get past chapter three. When I finally decided to write a book again, I finally got past chapter three. I thought to myself, I can totally do this.
 
I’m a mom of two wonderful kids. JJ is my oldest and Kalynn (Kay is my youngest). I love spending time with them. They are my world.
 
When my BBFF Katie told me about RRSMS, I knew I had to be a part of it! I want to put a story in each book, and so far I have. I’m hoping to have a story in each one. I have done that up until now. I was thrilled to help with I Am Loved. I just know a lot of people find it hard to fit in. I know because I have always had a hard time fitting in a lot of the time. I also know that it is harder for people who are LGBT. The fact that all the money goes to help other makes me feel good. I try to help everyone and I can’t always do that. Being able to write things for these books to help others, makes me feel like I did something great.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Use in High School and College

Mental Health Resources

National Aunt and Uncle Day